Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Music (Part 1)

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! Happy Whatever-other-holidays-happened-in-the-last-two-weeks! Since new year’s resolution seem to be something of a tradition, I’m resolving to post more regularly. Now that holiday greetings and new year’s resolutions are out of the way, on to the post!

Music, everyone has their own opinion about which types are better. I personally have the same philosophy about music that I have about food, try (almost) everything at least once, there will be some stuff that makes you sick, some stuff that smells horrible, and some stuff that you just don’t like, but if you can sift through the bad stuff there will be lots of really good stuff. Take the heavy metal genre for example, there’s tons of bad metal out there (in fact, there’s several subgenres worth of it, death metal anyone?), but if you look, there also happens to be bands like Blind Guardian (some people don’t like Blind Guardian, but that’s my example and I’m sticking with it) who have great songwriting ability and a vocalist who can actually sing. It’s weird how music has all that variety and most people are only familiar with one or two parts of it.

Music is one of those things I don’t think I could live without (it’s right up there with food and a good supply of books (that is to say, a supply of good books)). I kind of ran out of things to say, so… see you next time!

Stephen

2 comments:

ORION said...

I hope you do post more regularly.
You write well and it's fun to read. It takes me back to when I was 11...
much aloha,
your fan from Hawaii

warrior said...

yeah, i am of the variety that I love all sorts of music -- in all sorts of genres.

I think my pick of music for the day derives from my attitude for the day, and since my attitude fluctuates like the Texas weather, I guess I enjoy EVERYTHING. :)

Nice blog and excellent writing Stephen!

Eric Louviere