Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Dedicated to Dr. R. (You KNOW who you are!)

So, a guy is flying in a hot air balloon. He's lost. He lowers himself down over a field and yells to a guy there:

Balloon guy (BG): Can you tell me where I am and which way I'm headed?

Ground guy (GG): Sure. You're at 43 degrees, 2 minutes, 12 seconds north; 135 degrees, 17 minutes, 3 seconds east. You're at 324 meters above sea level. Right now, you're hovering, but on your way here you were at a vector of 244 degrees and 3.2 meters per second .

BG: Amazing. Thanks. By the way, do you have Asperger's Syndrome?

GG: Geeze! I do! But how did you know that?

BG: Well, everything you told me is incredibly accurate, you've given me more detail than I need, but you've told me in a way that makes it completely useless to me!

GG: Huh. Are you a clinical psychologist?

BG: I am! But how the heck did you know that????

GG: You don't know where you are, and you don't know where you're going. You got where you are by blowing hot air. You put labels on people after asking them a few questions. And, you're in exactly the same spot you were 5 minutes ago, but now, somehow, it's my fault!

1 comment:

pauly said...

Stephen, you are an amazing 10 year old. This was one of the funniest things I have ever read, and I got tears from laughing.

You brain may be wired differently, but you are going to use it well and not hide your talent. You have to! Please!

And get your mind off girls...you are too young!